Chinook (2 Day Tour)
Heading West? The 2 day Chinook Tour travels one-way from Banff to Vancouver through the diverse and stunning landscapes of British Columbia. Explore Western Canada from the tall peaks of the Canadian Rockies, through the vast desert lowlands in the Okanagan, and finish by the lush coastal rainforests in Vancouver. We stop at scenic viewpoints en route, and for activities such as hiking and swimming.
Note: the Chinook is the final 2 days of the 8 day Caribou tour. Some of your fellow travellers will have been travelling together before you join them.
- Explore Western Canada's wilderness stopping at stunning viewpoints along the way, and for hiking and swimming
- Tour through Yoho National Park
- See majestic waterfalls and turquoise lakes including 381m Takakkaw Falls (seasonal) and Emerald Lake
- Travel through Canada's desert region and party on Lake Okanagan
2 days | Departing Banff
DAY 1: BANFF TO KELOWNA
We leave the Rockies today, but not before stopping at the towering Takakkaw Falls (seasonal), the pristine Emerald Lake and the Natural Bridge. We’ll also stop for a photo at the stunning Kalamalka Lake viewpoint after reaching the Okanagan Valley. This area is known for sandy beaches on crystal clear lakes, and lots of fun in the sun. Relax at the lake, or rock out in Kelowna tonight - it’s a university city with plenty of bars and nightclubs!
Moose Accommodation: Samesun Kelowna
DAY 2: KELOWNA TO VANCOUVER
Today we cross the beautiful Okanagan Lake and climb over high mountain passes as we make our way to the west coast. We’ll explore the Othello Tunnels, before entering the Fraser Valley, and making a stop for lunch in the town of Hope. Then it’s onto Vancouver and time to say goodbye to your new friends.
Meal Inclusions: Breakfast at Samesun Kelowna
Moose Accommodation: None. You will need to make your own reservations for tonight.
- 1 night mixed gender, hostel dormitory style accommodation
- Moose Bus transportation
- Services of a professional & fun tour guide/driver
- 1 breakfast (at the Samesun hostel)
- National Park fees
- Moose travellers also receive discounts on optional activities!
NB: If you prefer to stay in private rooms or in alternative accommodation, there is a non-accommodated version of this tour
DEPARTURE DATES 2020
|April 29 to May 31||Sundays, Wednesdays||Low Season|
|June 01 to 30||Sundays, Wednesdays||Mid Season|
|July 01 to August 31||Sundays, Wednesdays||Peak Season|
|September 01 to September 30||Sundays, Wednesdays||Mid Season|
|October 01 to October 18||Sundays, Wednesdays||Low Season|