8 Day Hong Kong to Chengdu (Dorm)
From a fast-moving city of bright lights and suits, to a city which prides itself on its slow pace of life (and pandas), this mini-Dragon-Trip is perfect for anyone short on time who wants to see as much as they can of China. Perhaps our China backpacking tour is for you? See below for tour details - contact us to any ask questions or book!
Hong Kong – Yangshuo – Chengdu
- Climb Victoria Peak in Hong Kong
- Bamboo Raft in Yangshuo
- See pandas at the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding
- Transport on night trains with fully flat beds, high-speed trains or buses as well as all connections to/from train stations.
- Mandarin tuition for beginners on the night trains.
- Accommodation in hostels which meet The Dragon Trip’s high standards. All hostels, have their own unique Chinese charm, but at the same time are safe, clean and hygienic.
- A combination of Western and Chinese English-speaking tour guides.
- Tickets, transportation and guides for a selection of un-missable activities – for example rafting down the Li River, a night on a peasant farm, hiking and camping on the Great Wall, a visit to The Terracotta Warriors etc.
- All taxes and charges.
Day 1: Hong Kong
Discover one of the most vibrant and exciting cities in the world on your first day; absorb how the cultures of East and West have fused together.
Day 2-5: Yangshuo
Towering karst peaks, a carpet of green, fertile fields and a never-ending list of activities; rafting on the Li river, mud baths, cycling, cooking, swimming and more.
Day 6-8: Chengdu
Find yourself in the slow-paced heart of Western China, enjoying tea houses, pandas, buddhist shrines, spicy hot-pot, temples, and as much KTV as you can handle!
2019 Departure Dates:
March - 11th, 13th, 18th, 20th, 25th
April - 1st, 3rd, 10th, 15th, 22nd
May - 1st, 8th, 15th, 20th, 22nd, 27th, 29th
June - 3rd, 5th, 10th, 19th, 26th
July - 1st, 3rd, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 24th, 31st
August - 5th, 7th, 12th, 14th, 21st, 28th
September - 2nd, 4th, 11th, 16th, 18th, 25th
October - 2nd, 7th, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th