Visa Free St Petersburg Tour 8D/7N
Go to Russia VISA FREE and experience St Petersburg, one of the must see cities of Europe! With optional extras ranging from traditional dinner and folk show to visiting world famous palaces, you know you’re in for a good time. We travel with big overnight ferries between the cities, so while traveling you have a cabin, can go out for a drink in the bar, go to the sauna or show your moves on the dance floor!
Duration: 8 days/ 7 nights
Departure/arrival city: Stockholm (also possible to start/finish in Helsinki and Tallinn - choose the suitable departure and arrival city when making your online booking)
- Visit St Petersburg - one of the world’s top destinations!
- Spend 4 crazy nights on the Baltic ferries
- Visit Helsinki and Tallinn
Please note that this is a student tour, non-students can also join it, but need to pay extra.
Please note that the departure point is Viking Line ferry terminal in Stockholm (Stadsgården, Tegelvikshamn). You need to make your own way to the departure point!
We stay 3 nights in a centrally located hostel (4-10 beds in room) and 4 nights in cabins on overnight ferries (4 beds, B- or C-class cabin without window). The hostel has kitchen facilities, free wifi, and 24h reception. Ferries have tax free shops, bars, restaurants and disco. Bed linen and towel is included both in the hostel and on the ferries.
We travel with overnight cruise ferries and use local buses in St.Petersburg and Helsinki. Note that there is no free wifi on the St.PeterLine ferry going to St.Petersburg and back.
In the morning we arrive in Helsinki - the capital of Finland. We take our time to explore the city and in the afternoon we meet in the ferry terminal to get on the overnight boat that takes us to St.Petersburg.
Day 3. St Petersburg
We check-in to our hostel in the evening. We live close to Nevsky prospekt, which is the main avenue of the city, and there are plenty of restaurants, cafes and shops in walking distance. Evening is free to explore the night life of St.Petersburg. Everyone is welcome to join the late-night limousine ride (optional activity).
Day 4. St Petersburg
Visa-Free Travel Info
To join this tour you don't need a VISA but you need to have travel Passport allowing crossing borders between non-Schengen countries and valid for at least 6 months after the tour finishesWe highly recommend you to make travel insurance valid in Russia for this trip
If you are not citizen of EU, Norway or Switzerland, please pay special attention to info below:
- If you require a Schengen visa to stay in EU, kindly make sure it's a multiple-entry visa. Single-entry Schengen visa is not valid for this trip!
- If you have already stayed in European Union (for example, in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, etc.) for more than 90 days - you need to have a valid residence permit in the country you currently reside (temporary one is also suitable). Those who will not be able to present their valid residence permit card when checking-in to the ferry to St.Petersburg, will not be allowed into Russia, and can be sent directly to their home country!
Note that the passenger him or herself is responsible for arranging the necessary travel documents and making sure they are valid as requested.
- All ferry tickets (Stockholm-Helsinki-St.Petersburg-Tallinn-Stockholm)
- Russia entrance fee for visa-free travellers
- 7 nights’ accommodation in shared rooms/cabins, bedlinen included (4 nights in B- or C-class cabins without window on overnight ferries; 3 nights in the hostel).
- Transport to and from the ferry terminal in St Petersburg
- Guided bus tour in St Petersburg (museum fees not included, entrance is optional)
- Guided tour in the Hermitage Museum (free for students)
- Guided city walks in Helsinki and Tallinn
- Service from a Scanbalt tour manager and local guides
- Optional activities
Departures - Small-Group Adventure