Dragon Trip is China’s first and only independent travel network, the number 1 choice for flexibility and safety at an amazing price. The experience and knowledge that our team shares of China is what we want to share with you, and has earned Dragon Trip a reputation as a company offering unique and innovative independent travel options, supported by fantastic ground service from people who care about what you want, know how China ‘works’ and really want to make sure that you have the best experience possible.
You can now view/download a PDF version of their 2018 brochure HERE
13 Day Budget Japan Tour
Every day on our epic 2 week Japan tour you’ll see a different side to this fascinating country. The daily contrast makes travelling here completely unique and – if done the right way – very ‘doable’ on a budget. Travel with us through major regions, top destinations, epic sites and off-the-beaten-track to discover countless hidden gems.
- Take in the cityscape with an incredible view from atop the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building.
- Learn the ancient art of samurai with a sword demonstration in Tokyo’s Samurai Museum.
- Start off by taking the Hakone Ropeway – an epic cable car journey that drops you at Oowakudani. On a clear day, you can gaze at Mount Fuji in all its glory.
- After getting lost in the maze of bamboo paths and shrines, head across to the Arashiyama Monkey Park. It’s a tough climb up, but at the top you can feed monkeys or simply enjoy the panorama of Kyoto below.
- At the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, you will find out how this city came to suffer the consequences of the world’s first atomic bomb, but you will also learn that Hiroshima is now the standard bearer for a peaceful and nuclear-free world.
- Shenanigans in Shinsaibashi and the Dotonbori riverfront await next… For the ultimate Japanese shopping experience, dive into the covered shopping arcade at Shinsaibashi.
Cities Visited: Tokyo– Kamakura – Mount Fiji, Hakone – Kyoto – Arashiyama – Kyoto – Hiroshima – Osaka
- – Transport on night trains with fully flat beds, high-speed trains or buses as well as all connections to/from train stations.
– Mandarin tuition for beginners on the night trains.
– Accommodation in hostels which meet The Dragon Trip’s high standards. All hostels, have their own unique Chinese charm, but at the same time are safe, clean and hygienic.
– A combination of Western and Chinese English-speaking tour guides.
– Tickets, transportation and guides for a selection of un-missable activities – for example rafting down the Li River, a night on a peasant farm, hiking and camping on the Great Wall, a visit to The Terracotta Warriors etc.
– All taxes and charges.