ANZAC Day 2024 Digger Tour
This 5 day tour, starts and ends in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Gallipoli – Battlefields Tour
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original tunnels
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Day – Dawn Service and ANZAC Memorial Services
- Istanbul – Old City
- Istanbul – Blue Mosque
- Istanbul – St. Sophia Museum
- Istanbul – Topkapi Palace
- Istanbul – Hagia Irene (Aya İrini)
- Istanbul – Hippodrome
Max group size:
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Tips except Driver and Guide
Tuesday 23rd April
Welcome to Istanbul, where you will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. Tonight, meet your guide and the rest of your group.
One of the most emotionally touching places in Turkey, today we visit the WWI Battlefields of Gallipoli including Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, The Nek, Johnston’s Jolly, original trenches and tunnels.
Awake before sun rise for the ANZAC Day Dawn Service. We become aware of the almost deafening silence as the moving service to commemorate our fallen forefathers on this special day begins. You will then have the chance to attend the Australian or New Zealand Memorial service before a late afternoon drive back to Istanbul.
After breakfast, you enjoy a fully guided tour of the only city to span two continents, visiting the Blue Mosque, St. Sophia Museum, Topkapi Palace, the Hippodrome and the Grand Bazaar. Tonight don’t miss the optional Turkish Folklore evening.
Our tour concludes after breakfast and we bid farewell to our new friends.