Private Gallipoli and Troy Tour
This 2 day tour, starts and ends in Istanbul, Turkey. This 2 day private tour starts and ends in Istanbul, Turkey. Day 1 is a Gallipoli Battlefields Tour which explores all the major battlefields of the ANZAC sector of the World War 1 Gallipoli campaign. Day 2 visits ancient Troy of Helen and Paris fame and scene of Homer’s ‘The Iliad’, the battle of Troy and the Trojan Horse’.
- Troy Museum
- Troy – UNESCO Heritage site
- Gallipoli – Battlefields Tour
- Gallipoli – Brighton Beach
- Gallipoli – Ari Burnu Cemetery
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Beach Cemetery
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original tunnels
- Gallipoli – 57th Regiment – Turkish Memorial
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
Max group size:
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Pick up & drop off from/to your Istanbul hotel
- Tips except Driver and Guide
- Entrance fees
2023-07-12, 2023-07-11, 2023-07-13, 2023-07-14, 2023-07-10
Pick up between 6:15 am – 6:45 am from your hotel in the old city of Istanbul or Taksim.
We then head towards the Gallipoli battlefields and Troy. After crossing the Dardanelles we will visit the Naval Museum and the minelayer, Nusret. Afterwards we head for the ancient city of Troy, famous for the legendary Trojan Horse from the times of beautiful Helen, the Queen of Sparta, and Paris, the Trojan Prince.
Gallipoli is one of the most touching places in Turkey. Today, we visit the Gallipoli World War I Battlefields, including Lone Pine Australian Memorial and Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial, ANZAC Cove, Brighton Beach, Beach Cemetery, Ari Burnu Cemetery, Johnston’s Jolly (where you’ll visit original Allied and Turkish trenches and tunnels), 57th Regiment Turkish Memorial and The Nek. With your own guide and driver, you may visit rarely seen areas which are not included on the standard coach tour. After our Gallipoli tour we drive for Istanbul where our tour finishes at approximately 7 pm.