Private Magic Carpet Tour
This 10 day tour, starts and ends in Istanbul, Turkey. Discover the wonders of Turkey on this tour which starts in cosmopolitan Istanbul and visit the Gallipoli Battlefields, Troy, Pergamum and Ephesus before heading inland to see the natural wonders of Pamukkale and Cappadocia with its lunar-like landscape.
- Istanbul – Old City – UNESCO Heritage site
- Istanbul – St. Sophia Museum
- Istanbul – Blue Mosque
- Istanbul – Topkapi Palace
- Istanbul – Hagia Irene (Aya İrini)
- Istanbul – Hippodrome
- Gallipoli – Battlefields Tour
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original tunnels
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
- Troy – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pergamon – Teleferik (Cable Car)
- Pergamon – UNESCO Heritage site
- Site of the Temple of Artemis
- Ephesus – UNESCO Heritage site
- Sirince – Village
- Pamukkale – Calcium Travertines – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pamukkale – Hierapolis – Tour
- Konya – Mevlana Museum
- Sultanhani Caravansary
- Göreme – UNESCO Heritage site
- Göreme – Open Air Museum
- Cappadocia – Kaymakli – Underground City
- Ankara – Atatürk’s Mausoleum
Max group size:
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Tips except Driver and Guide
- Entrance fees
Available any day
Welcome to Istanbul! You will be transferred to your hotel and the remainder of the day is yours, free to explore.
After breakfast, you enjoy a fully guided tour of the only city to span two continents, visiting the Blue Mosque, St Sophia Museum, Topkapi Palace (including Hagia Irene) and the Hippodrome.
Cruise between two continents on the stretch of water that separates Europe from Asia in the afternoon with an optional ‘Half day Bosphorus cruise’.
One of the most emotionally touching places in Turkey, today we visit the WWI Battlefields of Gallipoli including Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, The Nek, Johnston’s Jolly, original trenches and tunnels.
This morning, step back in time as we visit Troy, home of the famed Trojan Horse and then tour the magnificent acropolis of Pergamon. Its impressive temples and library made Pergamon a renowned cultural and political centre in its time.
Absorb yourself in history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the site of the Temple of Artemis. Feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre before continuing to the former Greek village of Sirince, famous for its fruit wines. Carpet weaving has long traditions in Turkey and at the carpet village we learn how the carpets are made by hand and what determines their value.
This morning we will enjoy a display of locally handcrafted leather goods before heading to the magnificent white calcium terraces, known as Travertines, in Pamukkale where we also tour the ancient city of Hierapolis. Take a dip, amongst ancient columns, in the hot springs that were used in Roman times for their therapeutic powers.
Today we travel the ancient Silk Road visiting Sultanhani Caravansary and the Mevlana museum in Konya along the way. Tonight, don’t miss the optional traditional Turkish folklore evening!
Marvel at the lunar landscape of Cappadocia today as we visit the Goreme Valley Open Air Museum and the fairy chimneys, and explore the many levels of an underground city.
Early morning departure to the nation’s capital, Ankara where we visit Anitkabir, mausoleum of the famed Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, before returning to Istanbul.
After breakfast our tour concludes and we say goodbye to our new friends and are transferred to the airport for your onward flight.