Trooper Tour – Istanbul to Ephesus – 3 days
This 3 day tour, starts from Istanbul, Turkey, and ends at Kuşadası, Turkey. Day 1 has a Gallipoli Battlefields Tour explores all the major battlefields of the ANZAC sector of the World War 1 Gallipoli campaign. On Day 2 we visit ancient 2 UNESCO sites, Troy and Pergamum, en route to Kusadasi. Day 3 is a full day tour of ancient Ephesus another UNESCO Heritage site.
- Gallipoli – Battlefields Tour
- Gallipoli – Brighton Beach
- Gallipoli – Ari Burnu Cemetery
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Beach Cemetery
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original tunnels
- Gallipoli – 57th Regiment – Turkish Memorial
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
- Troy – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pergamon – Teleferik (Cable Car)
- Pergamon – UNESCO Heritage site
- Site of the Temple of Artemis
- Ephesus – UNESCO Heritage site
Max group size:
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Professional tour guide at Gallipoli, Troy and Pergamum
- Pick up from your Istanbul hotel
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Tips except Driver and Guide
- Entrance fees
2023 - Every Monday & Thursday
2024 - Every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
Pick up between 6:15 am – 6:45 am from your hotel in the old city of Istanbul, Taksim or 7 am from Sultan Hostel, we then depart for afternoon tour of Gallipoli. The World War I battlefields of Gallipoli are now a serene site. Visit the Lone Pine Australian Memorial, Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial, ANZAC Cove, Johnston’s Jolly and The Nek.
Tours of Troy and Pergamon, before continuing onto your choice of Selcuk or Kusadasi. Visit the ancient city of Troy, famous for the legendary Trojan horse from the times of Beautiful Helen, Queen of Sparta and the ancient town of Pergamon with its magnificent acropolis and one of the steepest theatres in the world. Its impressive temples, library and medical facilities made it a renowned cultural and political centre in its time. Then we will enjoy a display of locally handcrafted leather goods.
Absorb yourself in history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the site of the Temple of Artemis. Feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre. Carpet weaving has long traditions in Turkey. At the carpet village we learn how the carpets are made by hand and what determines their value. The tour will conclude with drop off at your hotel or a place of choosing.