Turkey Prelude & Gulet
This 15 day tour, starts from Istanbul, Turkey, and ends at Fethiye, Turkey, and also visits Armenia.
- Istanbul – Old City – UNESCO Heritage site
- Istanbul – St. Sophia Museum
- Istanbul – Blue Mosque
- Istanbul – Topkapi Palace / Hagia Irene (Aya İrini)
- Istanbul – Hippodrome
- Gallipoli – Battlefields Tour
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original tunnels
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
- Troy – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pergamon – Teleferik (Cable Car)
- Pergamon – UNESCO Heritage site
- Site of the Temple of Artemis
- Ephesus – UNESCO Heritage site
- Sirince – Village
- Pamukkale – Calcium Travertines – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pamukkale – Hierapolis – Tour
- Fethiye – Harbour – Overnight
- Fethiye – Ölüdeniz Beach
- Butterfly Valley
- Islands and Secluded bays
- St. Nicholas (Gemiler) Island – Overnight
- Gulet Cruise
- Swimming, sunbaking, relaxing
- Simena – Castle
- Kekova – Simena Sunken City
- Fethiye – End of Tour
Max group size:
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Transportation by Gulet boat
- Entrance fees
- Services of Captain and supporting crew
- Tips except Captain and Gulet crew
- Tips except Driver and Guide
Welcome to Istanbul! You will be transferred to your hotel and the remainder of the day is yours, free to explore.
After breakfast, you enjoy a fully guided tour of the only city to span two continents, visiting the Blue Mosque, St Sophia Museum, Topkapi Palace (including Hagia Irene) and the Hippodrome.
Cruise between two continents on the stretch of water that separates Europe from Asia in the afternoon with an optional ‘Half day Bosphorus cruise’.
One of the most emotionally touching places in Turkey, today we visit the WW1 Battlefields of Gallipoli including Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, The Nek, Johnston’s Jolly, original trenches and tunnels.
This morning, step back in time as we visit Troy, home of the famed Trojan Horse. We continue on to Bergama and catch the new cable car up to the magnificent acropolis of Pergamon. Its impressive temples and library made Pergamon a renowned cultural and political centre in its time.
Absorb yourself in history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the site of the Temple of Artemis. Feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre before continuing to the former Greek village of Sirince, famous for its fruit wines. Carpet weaving has long traditions in Turkey and at the carpet village we learn how the carpets are made by hand and what determines their value.
This morning we will enjoy a display of locally handcrafted leather goods before heading to the magnificent white calcium terraces, known as Travertines, in Pamukkale where we also tour the ancient city of Hierapolis. Take a dip, amongst ancient columns, in the hot springs that were used in Roman times for their therapeutic powers. After the tour you will be transferred to Fethiye.
Today is a free day to explore Fethiye.
We begin boarding the Gulet at Fethiye Harbour after 17.00pm. Relax at the pre-cruise information session. Enjoy an onboard dinner while meeting the other passengers.
After breakfast set off along the coast of Fethiye Peninsular to Oludeniz and Butterfly Valley for visit and swim.
The night is spent at St.Nicholas Island, where you can explore the ruins of a Byzantine settlement as the sun sets.
An early start for Yesilkoy, where we have breakfast and time to swim in this quiet bay surrounded by olive groves. Then it’s off to Kas, for a 1-2 hours visit, a small harbour town with a charming bohemian atmosphere. Afterwards, we cruise to Limanagzi Bay for another swim, dinner and overnight.
This morning, we cruise to Cayagzi, Demre. Optional transfer by car to Myra and St Nicholas Church (please inform your captain if you would like to visit at an extra fee).
Climb up to the castle on Simena for a spectacular view of the ancient city. Out in the bay, overlooked by a theatre carved into the rock, a single Lycian sarcophagus sits on its pedestal in the water. The night is spent in the wide bay surrounded by green hills, at nearby Ucagiz.
A short cruise along the Mediterranean coast to the ruins at Kekova – the Sunken City. Swim and lunch at Tersane Bay where you’ll see the ruins of a Byzantine church and a Roman dockyard on the beach. Sailing to Gokkaya to spend the night.
After breakfast, we cruise to the sheltered Firnaz Bay for a swim. We will spend 1-2 hours in Kalkan, a picturesque harbour town set on the hillside. Swim, dinner and overnight in Yesilkoy.
Early start to Camli Burun, a natural bay edged with pine-clad hills, for breakfast and a swim. Then we cruise to Boncuklu Bay. Your last night on board is spent here or in Fethiye harbour, depending on the weather conditions.
We disembark at approximately 09:00 am after breakfast.