Aegean Trooper Tour
This 5 day tour, starts and ends in Istanbul, Turkey. Learn about the battle of Gallipoli in a moving visit the Gallipoli Battlefields, then soak up some of Turkeys rich history when you visit Troy, Pergamum and Ephesus on your way to Pamukkale and its incredible travertine pools before heading back to Istanbul.
- Gallipoli – Battlefields Tour
- Gallipoli – Brighton Beach
- Gallipoli – Ari Burnu Cemetery
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Beach Cemetery
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original tunnels
- Gallipoli – 57th Regiment – Turkish Memorial
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
- Troy – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pergamon – Teleferik (Cable Car)
- Pergamon – UNESCO Heritage site
- Site of the Temple of Artemis
- Ephesus – UNESCO Heritage site
- Sirince – Village
- Pamukkale – Calcium Travertines – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pamukkale – Hierapolis – Tour
Max group size:
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Domestic flight between Denizli and Istanbul and transfers
- Tips except Driver and Guide
- Entrance fees
2023-07-13, 2023-07-10, 2023-07-17, 2023-07-06, 2023-07-20
One of the most emotionally touching places in Turkey, today we visit the WW1 Battlefields of Gallipoli including Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, The Nek, Johnston’s Jolly, original trenches and tunnels.
This morning, step back in time as we visit Troy, home of the famed Trojan Horse. We continue on to Bergama and catch the new cable car up to the magnificent acropolis of Pergamon. Its impressive temples and library made Pergamon a renowned cultural and political centre in its time.
Absorb yourself in history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the site of the Temple of Artemis. Feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre before continuing to the former Greek village of Sirince, famous for its fruit wines. Carpet weaving has long traditions in Turkey and at the carpet village we learn how the carpets are made by hand and what determines their value.
This morning we will enjoy a display of locally handcrafted leather goods before heading to the magnificent white calcium terraces, known as Travertines, in Pamukkale where we also tour the ancient city of Hierapolis. Take a dip, amongst ancient columns, in the hot springs that were used in Roman times for their therapeutic powers.
Today you head back to Istanbul. You will be transferred to the airport for your flight and be back in Istanbul, where you will be met and transferred to your hotel in time for a bit of last minute shopping or exploring.