Bungle Bungle Wanderer (Kimberly Region, WA)
Immerse yourself in the Bungle Bungle from above and up close.
Experience Purnululu National Park and the Bungle Bungle by air and then by ground to appreciate the vast, rugged beauty of this World Heritage listed national park.
- Experience the Bungle Bungle from above on scenic flights
- View amazing wilderness and natural formations
- Enjoy a guided walk, learning about this beautiful region
Max group size:
- - Kununurra accommodation pick up and drop off
- - Return scenic flights to Purnululu National Park
- - Lunch at Cathedral Gorge
- - Personalised pilot commentary across PA system or personal headsets *Advertised pricing is on a per person basis*
Departures:Departs Daily, April-September (min and max numbers apply)
Start your day with a one hour scenic flight from Kununurra in an air-conditioned, high wing aeroplane flying over the Ord Irrigation Area, the Ord Top Dam wall, Lake Kununurra and the full expanse of Lake Argyle.
View the Carr Boyd Ranges, Osmand Ranges, the Ord River and the Bow River. Experience spectacular aerial views of the Bungle Bungles in the Purnululu National Park. Land at a remote unsealed airfield in the Purnululu National Park and transfer to an airconditioned 4WD bus, your guide will drive you closer to the Bungle Bungle Range.
Enjoy a moderate 3km guided walk amongst the famous eroded towers and black and orange banded beehive structures on the Domes Walk. Your guide will take you into Cathedral Gorge, where towering cliffs open up to form a space with awe inspiring natural acoustics, here you will rest and enjoy your lunch.
Walk along the bed of Piccaninny Creek, which flows only in the monsoon waterfall season. Learn about the Kimberley climate, the six seasons and unique flora and fauna so important to the traditional custodians of the land.
Return via a scenic flight to Kununurra, on the way viewing the Argyle Diamond Mine where rare pink diamonds are mined.