Constantinople To Hellas Tour
This 12 day tour, starts from Istanbul, Turkey, and ends at Athens, Greece. Starting in Istanbul, this tour travels down the west coast of Turkey visiting the Gallipoli Battlefields, Troy and the ancient city of Ephesus before island hopping to Mykonos and Santorini and then onto Athens.
- Istanbul – Old City – UNESCO Heritage site
- Istanbul – St. Sophia Museum
- Istanbul – Blue Mosque
- Istanbul – Topkapi Palace
- Istanbul – Hagia Irene (Aya İrini)
- Istanbul – Hippodrome
- Gallipoli – Battlefields Tour
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original tunnels
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
- Troy – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pergamon – Teleferik (Cable Car)
- Pergamon – UNESCO Heritage site
- Site of the Temple of Artemis
- Ephesus – UNESCO Heritage site
- Sirince – Village
- Athens – City Tour
- Athens – Parthenon
- Athens – Acropolis – UNESCO Heritage site
- Athens – Acropolis Museum
- Athens – Panathenaic Stadium
- Athens – Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Athens – Hadrian’s Arch
- Athens – Propylaea
- Athens – Temple of Athena Nike
Max group size:
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour in Turkey
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for Athens city tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle in Turkey
- Transportation by ferry within the Greek islands
- Ferry ticket - Kusadasi to Samos
- Ferry ticket - Samos to Mykonos
- Ferry ticket - Mykonos to Santorini
- Ferry ticket - Santorini to Athens
- Transfers between ports and hotels
- Tips except driver, guide and transfer staff
- Entrance fees in Turkey
Welcome to Istanbul! You will be transferred to your hotel. The remainder of the day is yours free to explore.
After breakfast, you enjoy a fully guided tour of the only city to span two continents, visiting the Blue Mosque, St Sophia Museum, Topkapi Palace (including Hagia Irene) and the Hippodrome.
Cruise between two continents on the stretch of water that separates Europe from Asia in the afternoon with an optional ‘Half day Bosphorus cruise’.
One of the most emotionally touching places in Turkey, today we visit the WW1 Battlefields of Gallipoli including Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, Johnston’s Jolly, original trenches and tunnels and the Nek.
This morning, step back in time as we visit Troy, home of the famed Trojan Horse and then tour the magnificent acropolis of Pergamon. Its impressive temples and library made Pergamon a renowned cultural and political centre in its time.
Absorb yourself in history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the site of the Temple of Artemis. Feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre before continuing to the former Greek village of Sirince, famous for its fruit wines. Carpet weaving has long traditions in Turkey and at the carpet village we learn how the carpets are made by hand and what determines their value.
Leaving Turkey, we take a ferry to Samos and depending on ferry schedules; we may head straight for Mykonos or spend a day exploring lush-green Samos.
Free day today. Spend the day on the beach, stroll around the town or take a trip to one of the small villages or take an optional day trip to the neighbouring island of Delos. This Mecca of Ancient Greece is today an island wide, open-air museum.
Revitalize with an early morning swim and wander the charming white-washed narrow alleyways of Mykonos Town before an afternoon ferry to Santorini.
Take an optional boat trip in the world’s biggest volcanic crater above sea level. Visit the active volcano, swim in the warm thermal waters and take a therapeutic mud bath.
Soak up the sun on the black sand beaches before we board an afternoon ferry to the mainland.
This morning you will have half day tour and visit Acropolis, stop at the stadium where the first Olympic Games of the modern era were held. Admire the Olympian Zeus and Hadrians Arch. At the Acropolis visit the museum, the towering entrance of Propylaia, the Temple of Nike and the most famous of Greek relics, the Parthenon.
After breakfast, we say goodbye to our new friends before being transferred to the airport.