Easymade Turkey Tour
This 10 day tour, starts and ends in Istanbul, Turkey. Ease into your Turkey Experience as part of a small group tour heading from magical Istanbul down the Aegean Coast, then visit Cappadocia with its unique landscape.
- Istanbul – Old City – UNESCO Heritage site
- Istanbul – St. Sophia Museum
- Istanbul – Blue Mosque
- Istanbul – Topkapi Palace
- Istanbul – Hagia Irene (Aya İrini)
- Istanbul – Hippodrome
- Gallipoli – Battlefields Tour
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original tunnels
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
- Troy – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pergamon – Teleferik (Cable Car)
- Pergamon – UNESCO Heritage site
- Site of the Temple of Artemis
- Ephesus – UNESCO Heritage site
- Sirince – Village
- Pamukkale – Calcium Travertines – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pamukkale – Hierapolis – Tour
- Konya – Mevlana Museum
- Sultanhani Caravansary
- Göreme – UNESCO Heritage site
- Göreme – Open Air Museum
- Cappadocia – Kaymakli – Underground City
- Cappadocia – Ihlara Valley
- Cappadocia – Selime Cave Monastery
- Cappadocia – Yaprakhisar – Panoramic Views
Max group size:
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Tips except Driver and Guide
- Domestic flight between Cappadocia and Istanbul and transfers
- Entrance fees
- The 2024 Easymade Turkey Tour has changes to Day 9
- - Ihlara Valley, Selime Cave Monastery, Yaprakhisar are replaced by Mustafapasa (Sinasos), Sobesos & Gomeda Valley
- - The 2024 version of this tour may be found here 2024 - Easymade Turkey
Welcome to Istanbul! You will be transferred to your hotel and the remainder of the day is yours, free to explore.
After breakfast, you enjoy a fully guided tour of the only city to span two continents, visiting the Blue Mosque, St Sophia Museum, Topkapi Palace (including Hagia Irene) and the Hippodrome.
Cruise between two continents on the stretch of water that separates Europe from Asia in the afternoon with an optional ‘Half day Bosphorus cruise’.
One of the most emotionally touching places in Turkey, today we visit the WWI Battlefields of Gallipoli including Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, The Nek, Johnston’s Jolly, original trenches and tunnels.
Step back in time today as we visit Troy and its famed Trojan Horse. We continue on to Bergama and catch the new cable car up to the magnificent acropolis of Pergamon. Its impressive temples and library made it a renowned cultural and political centre in its time.
Absorb yourself in history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the site of the Temple of Artemis. Feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre before continuing to the former Greek village of Sirince, famous for its fruit wines. Carpet weaving has long traditions in Turkey and at the carpet village we learn how the carpets are made by hand and what determines their value.
This morning we will enjoy a display of locally handcrafted leather goods before heading to the magnificent white calcium terraces, known as Travertines, in Pamukkale where we also tour the ancient city of Hierapolis. Take a dip, amongst ancient columns, in the hot springs that were used in Roman times for their therapeutic powers.
Today we travel the ancient Silk Road visiting Sultanhani Caravansary and the Mevlana museum in Konya along the way. Tonight, don’t miss the optional traditional Turkish folklore evening!
Marvel at the lunar landscape of Cappadocia today as we visit the Goreme Valley Open Air Museum and the fairy chimneys, and explore the many levels of an underground city.
Today we visit Ihlara Valley, a canyon which is almost 100 metres deep and was formed by the Melendiz River. At the end of the valley we will visit Selime Monastery and take in the panaromic views at Yaprakhisar.
After breakfast you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Istanbul, arriving at approximately 11:30 am, and our tour concludes.