Franz Josef Glacier Heli Hike
With the combination of an exhilarating helicopter ride, jaw-dropping scenery and a two hour hike through the most spectacular glacier features, it’s no wonder the Glacier Heli Hike will be the highlight of your visit to New Zealand.
Your pilot will land you high up on the glacier itself, where your guide will help you make the final preparations for your hike before you head off to explore the pristine features of this incredible icescape.
Please note: The changeable weather that shapes our dramatic landscape on the West Coast can also impact our ability to operate. We will not compromise the safety of our guests or staff in any circumstance, so if the weather conditions mean it’s not safe to operate a trip we will cancel it. All trips cancelled due to weather will be refunded. We need a four-hour window of clear weather to operate our Heli Hike, and because the weather is so changeable we are constantly monitoring weather reports and conditions on the glacier to make the safest and most accurate decision.
- Take in the natural beauty of Franz Josef Glacier with an exhilarating helicopter ride
- Enjoy a two hour hike through the most spectacular glacier features
- A truly unique and memorable active NZ adventure
Max group size:
- - A scenic helicopter transfer flying over the glacier valley and landing on the ice.
- - A two hour guided tour on the glacier exploring key features.
- - Friendly and knowledgeable guide.
- - Essential gear and pre-trip briefing. *Hike Difficulty: Moderate* Advertised pricing is on a per person basis*