Great Southern to Brisbane – 6D/5N
With its rugged coastline, sun-kissed beaches, forested peaks, and exhilarating capital cities, the stunning journey between Adelaide and Brisbane feels like nowhere else in Australia. Relax with everything taken care of on board including fine dining, premium wines and world-class hospitality, as you’re transported from buzzing cities to diverse landscapes and natural marvels.
- See more with the off train experiences such as the Grampians, Canberra or Murrumbateman Wine Region and Coffs Harbour.
- Go further and travel to World Heritage Listed Lamington National Park and take in the spectacular views of the Gold Coast from Tamborine Mountain, then travel onward to O’Reilly’s for the tree top canopy walk.
- Do more by exploring Brisbane main sights including a river cruise, Southbank Parklands, Mt Coot-tha and the XXXX Brewery.
Max group size:
- 2 Nights on the Great Southern in a gold class twin cabin from Adelaide to Brisbane.
- All transfers excluding Adelaide.
- All meals, beverages and standard off-train excursions on the Great Southern.
- 3 Nights Brisbane city standard hotel accommodation.
- Brisbane’s Best Day Tour.
- O’Reilly’s & Lamington National Park Tour with lunch. *Advertised pricing is on a per person basis*
Departures:Departs Fridays - Dec & Jan
As the train leaves Adelaide, take your time to settle in and get familiar with your cabin. Enjoy morning tea and then savour a relaxed long lunch on board while watching the ever-changing landscape glide by. In the late afternoon, enjoy a taste of outback New South Wales with a visit to the Kinchega Woolshed before reboarding the train for your supper.
Enjoy a drive through the countryside on the way to the Nation’s capital where you will enjoy a visit to Parliament House and lunch before your choice of tours at some of Canberra’s most iconic places: the Australian War Memorial, National Gallery of Australia or an exclusive back-of-house tour of Parliament House. Back on board that evening, relax and enjoy a delicious dinner and drinks in the lounge car before settling down for the night.
Choose your own adventure today with a variety of options to suit your fitness level and interests.
Opt for the Boardwalk to Beach excursion, stopping at the small station of Urunga to take in the spectacular coastline views and Great Dividing Range along the Urunga Boardwalk before travelling to Coffs Harbour for a relaxing morning wandering around the Harbourside Markets, historic jetty or simply relaxing by the seaside.
The Coffs Explorer excursion travels up to Sealy Lookout offering views for miles from the Forest Sky Pier before travelling back to Coffs for time to explore the markets, historic jetty or relax by the beach.
Otherwise, simply make the most of Coffs Harbour’s beautiful beaches with an entire morning spent seaside. Wander along the coast, have a dip in the ocean, explore the markets or simply relax on the sand. After your Coffs Harbour morning, enjoy a final lunch on board with your fellow travellers before arriving into Brisbane and being transferred to your accommodation.
Explore the historical sights of Brisbane, Australia’s third largest city and Queensland’s capital, with its innovative and vibrant CBD. From a trendy cafe club culture to thriving shops and 19th century sandstone buildings, enjoy a river cruise before strolling the arts precinct and manmade beach of Southbank Parklands. After lunch at Southbank drive up to Mt Coot-tha Lookout – for fabulous views of Brisbane CBD and Moreton Bay before finishing the day with a tour of the XXXX brewery.
Today, travel to World Heritage Listed Lamington National Park and take in spectacular panoramic views of the famous Gold Coast from Tamborine Mountain. Then travel onward to O’Reilly’s for the tree top canopy walk, to discover historic logging tracks and hear the epic adventures of early settlers and the heroic rescue stories of the Stinsen plane crash. There will be time to sample Queensland made wines and fresh local produce!
After a busy few days get transferred from your accommodation to Brisbane Airport.