Private Turkey Classics Tour
This 7 day tour, starts and ends in Istanbul, Turkey. Wander around the battlefields of Gallipoli, see some impressive Roman ruins, the beautiful Aegean Coast, Pamukkale and the jewel in Turkeys crown – Cappadocia with its amazing underground cities and surreal landscape.
- Gallipoli – Battlefields Tour
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original tunnels
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
- Troy – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pergamon – Teleferik (Cable Car)
- Pergamon – UNESCO Heritage site
- Site of the Temple of Artemis
- Ephesus – UNESCO Heritage site
- Sirince – Village
- Pamukkale – Calcium Travertines – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pamukkale – Hierapolis – Tour
- Konya – Mevlana Museum
- Sultanhani Caravansary
- Göreme – UNESCO Heritage site
- Göreme – Open Air Museum
- Cappadocia – Kaymakli – Underground City
- Ankara – Atatürk’s Mausoleum
Max group size:
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Tips except Driver and Guide
- Entrance fees
Available any day
Early morning departure from Istanbul for the Gallipoli Gallipoli Peninsula, one of the most emotionally touching places in Turkey. Here we will visit the WWI Battlefields of Gallipoli including the Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, Johnston’s Jolly, The Nek and original trenches and tunnels.
This morning, step back in time as we visit Troy, home of the famed Trojan Horse and then tour the magnificent acropolis of Pergamon. Its impressive temples and library made Pergamon a renowned cultural and political centre in its time.
Absorb yourself in history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the site of the Temple of Artemis. Feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre before continuing to the former Greek village of Sirince, famous for its fruit wines. Carpet weaving has long traditions in Turkey and at the carpet village we learn how the carpets are made by hand and what determines their value.
This morning we will enjoy a display of locally handcrafted leather goods before heading to the magnificent white calcium terraces, known as Travertines, in Pamukkale where we also tour the ancient city of Hierapolis. Take a dip, amongst ancient columns, in the hot springs that were used in Roman times for their therapeutic powers.
Today we travel the ancient Silk Road visiting Sultanhani Caravansary and the Mevlana museum in Konya along the way. Tonight, don’t miss the optional traditional Turkish folklore evening!
Marvel at the lunar landscape of Cappadocia through the Goreme Valley Open Air Museum, the fairy chimneys and explore the many levels of an underground city.
Early morning departure to the nation’s capital, Ankara where we visit Anitkabir, mausoleum of the famed Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, before returning to Istanbul. Our tour concludes with the arrival to Istanbul at approximately 7pm.