South Island Explorer Self-Drive 12D/11N
As you travel south from Queenstown you will be able to explore the rugged southern coastline of of the New Zealand nation.
Take the time to absorb nature in all its glory as you watch whales offshore and soak in natural hot springs before making your way through to Christchurch.
You can continue this experience back to Queenstown by combining it with our South Island Discovery.
- Explore the beautiful town of Queenstown and all it has to offer
- Experience the Milford Sound by joining a cruise
- Enjoy the university town of Dunedin and the wildlife on its peninsula
Max group size:
- - 13 day intermediate auto car hire on standard insurance, pick-up from Queenstown Airport on day 1 and drop-off Christchurch Airport on day 12.
- - 3 nights Queenstown, 2 nights Te Anau, 1 night Invercargill, 2 nights Dunedin, 1 nights Lake Tekapo, 2 nights Christchurch standard hotel accommodation. *Advertised pricing is on a per person basis*
Departures:Departs Daily, Year Round
Day 1: Queenstown Airport. Overnight Queenstown.
Queenstown Airport to Queenstown 8 km / approx. driving time of 10 mins.
Day 2: Queenstown. Overnight Queenstown.
Optional Add-On: Skyline Gondola & Luge. Half Day Tour.
Optional Add-On: Shotover Jet. Half Day Tour.
Day 3: Queenstown. Overnight Queenstown.
Optional Add-On: Central Otago Wine Tour. Half Day Tour.
Day 4: Te Anau. Overnight Te Anau.
Queenstown to Te Anau 170 km / approx. driving time of 2 hours.
Day 5: Te Anau. Overnight Te Anau.
Optional Add-On: Milford Sound Day Tour. Full Day Tour.
Day 6: Invercargill. Overnight Invercargill.
Te Anau to Invercargill 160 km / approx. driving time of 2 hours.
Day 7: Dunedin. Overnight Dunedin.
Invercargill to Dunedin 210 km / approx. driving time of 2.5 hours.
Day 8: Dunedin. Overnight Dunedin.
Optional Add-On: Peninsula Encounters Tour. Full Day Tour.
Day 9: Lake Tekapo. Overnight Lake Tekapo.
Dunedin to Lake Tekapo 290 km / approx. driving time of 3.5 hours.
Day 10: Christchurch. Overnight Christchurch.
Lake Tekapo to Christchurch is 230 km / approx. driving time of 3 hours.
Day 11: Christchurch. Overnight Christchurch.
Optional Add-On: Kaikoura Whale Watch day tour. Full Day Tour.
Day 12: Christchurch Airport.
Departure from Christchurch Airport.