Top End Self-Drive Experience 9D/8N
Learn about Aboriginal culture and traditions on this Top End Self-Drive experience.
Drive through beautiful Kakadu National Park & Litchfield National Park and witness the abundance of wildlife – keep an eye out for crocodiles!
- Explore Kakadu National Park by doing the Yellow waters cruise and marvel at the wildlife
- Take a Katherine Gorge cruise and learn about the cultural significance of this waterway to the indigenous landowners
- Visit Ubirr in Kakadu National Park and view Aboriginal rock art dating back some 20,000 years
Max group size:
- - 10 Day intermediate auto car hire on standard insurance, pick-up and drop-off Darwin Airport.
- - 8 Nights accommodation:
- - 3 nights Darwin,
- - 2 nights Kakadu,
- - 2 nights Katherine,
- - 1 night Litchfield
Departures:Departs Daily, Year Round
Day 1: Welcome to Darwin. Overnight Darwin.
Darwin Airport to Darwin City 12 kms / approx. driving time 15 minutes.
Day 2: Darwin. Overnight Darwin.
Optional Add-On: Tiwi Islands Aboriginal Cultural Tour. Full Day Tour.
Optional Add-On: Darwin Harbour Sunset Dinner Cruise.
Day 3: Kakadu. Overnight Kakadu.
Darwin to Kakadu 254 kms / approx. driving time 3 hours.
Day 4: Kakadu. Overnight Kakadu.
Optional Add-On: Yellow Water Billabong Cruise. Half Day Tour.
Optional Add-On: Kakadu Scenic Flight. Half Day Tour.
Day 5: Katherine. Overnight Katherine.
Kakadu to Katherine 304 kms / approx. driving time 3 hours.
Day 6: Katherine. Overnight Katherine.
Optional Add-On: Katherine Gorge Cruise. Half Day Tour.
Optional Add-On: Katherine Gorge Scenic Helicopter Flight. 30 mins.
Day 7: Litchfield. Overnight Litchfield.
Katherine to Litchfield 250 kms. / approx.driving time 2.5 hours.
Day 8: Darwin. Overnight Darwin.
Litchfield to Darwin 105 kms / approx. driving time 1.5 hours.
Day 9: Darwin Airport.
Darwin City to Darwin Airport 12 kms / approx. driving time 15 minutes.