Trooper Tour – Istanbul to Istanbul
This 2 day tour, starts and ends in Istanbul, Turkey. This tour starts with a Gallipoli Battlefields Tour which explores all the major battlefields of the ANZAC sector of the World War 1 Gallipoli campaign. Day 2 visits ancient Troy of Helen and Paris fame and scene of Homer’s ‘The Iliad’, the battle of Troy and the Trojan Horse’. This tour is available in 3, 4 or 5 star acommodation.
- Troy – UNESCO Heritage site
- Gallipoli – Battlefields Tour
- Gallipoli – Brighton Beach
- Gallipoli – Ari Burnu Cemetery
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Beach Cemetery
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original tunnels
- Gallipoli – 57th Regiment – Turkish Memorial
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
Max group size:
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Tips except Driver and Guide
- Professional tour guide at Gallipoli and Troy
- Pick up & drop off from/to your Istanbul hotel
- Entrance fees
2023 - Sunday & Wednesday departures
2024 - Friday & Monday departures
Pick up between 6:15 am – 6:45 am from your hotel in the old city of Istanbul, Taksim or 7 am from Sultan Hostel, we then depart for an afternoon tour of Troy. After visiting the newly built Troy Museum, we step back in time today as we visit Troy, famous for the legendary Trojan Horse from the times of beautiful Helen, the Queen of Sparta, and Paris, the Trojan Prince.
This morning we then depart for our tour of Gallipoli. The World War I battlefields of Gallipoli are now a serene site. Visit the Lone Pine Australian Memorial and Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial, ANZAC Cove, Brighton Beach, Beach Cemetery, Ari Burnu Cemetery, Johnston’s Jolly (where you’ll visit original Allied and Turkish trenches and tunnels), 57th Regiment Turkish Memorial and The Nek. Return to Istanbul.