Wonders of Aegean With Gulet Tour
This 9 day tour, starts from Istanbul, Turkey, and ends at Fethiye, Turkey.
- Istanbul – Old City – UNESCO Heritage site
- Istanbul – St. Sophia Museum
- Istanbul – Blue Mosque
- Istanbul – Topkapi Palace / Hagia Irene (Aya İrini) – (closed Tuesdays, replaced by Dolmabahce Palace)
- Istanbul – Hippodrome
- Gallipoli – Battlefields Tour
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original tunnels
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
- Troy – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pergamon – Teleferik (Cable Car)
- Pergamon – UNESCO Heritage site
- Site of the Temple of Artemis
- Ephesus – UNESCO Heritage site
- Sirince – Village
- Sirince – Wine Tasting
- Gulet Cruise
- Tersane Island (Dockyard Island) – Overnight
- Hamam Bay
- Bedri Rahmi Bay – Overnight
- Göcek Island
Max group size:
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Transportation by Gulet boat
- Wine Tasting - 3 local wines
- Professional English-speaking tour guide on the land section of the tour
- Tips except Captain and Gulet crew
- Services of Captain and supporting crew
Selected Mondays and Thursdays from May to October
Welcome to Istanbul! You will make your own way to arrival hotel in Istanbul and your tour guide will held a welcome meeting for tonight.
After breakfast, you enjoy a fully guided tour of the only city to span two continents, visiting the Blue Mosque, St Sophia Museum, Topkapi Palace (including Hagia Irene) and the Hippodrome.
Cruise between two continents on the stretch of water that separates Europe from Asia in the afternoon with an optional ‘Half day Bosphorus cruise’. Please Note: Topkapi Palace (including Hagia Irene) is closed on Tuesdays and will be replaced by Dolmabahce Palace. This effects Mondays departures of this tour.
One of the most emotionally touching places in Turkey, today we visit the WW1 Battlefields of Gallipoli including Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, The Nek, Johnston’s Jolly, original trenches and tunnels.
This morning, step back in time as we visit Troy, home of the famed Trojan Horse. We continue on to Bergama and catch the new cable car up to the magnificent acropolis of Pergamon. Its impressive temples and library made Pergamon a renowned cultural and political centre in its time.
Absorb yourself in history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the site of the Temple of Artemis. Feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre before continuing to the former Greek village of Sirince, famous for its fruit wines. Carpet weaving has long traditions in Turkey and at the carpet village we learn how the carpets are made by hand and what determines their value. We will also enjoy a display of locally handcrafted leather goods.
Tonight, we will visit a local vineyard and learn about local production techniques. You will taste 3 local wines from the region at the garden of the vineyard before returning to your hotel.
Today, we will head to Fethiye for your gulet trip. Boarding in Fethiye Harbour around 15:00. We enjoy some swimming and snorkeling in Turunc Bay or Tarzan Bay. We’ll cruise past several islands towards Tersane Island (Dockyard Island), where the ruins of a former Greek town and a once important naval shipyard may still be explored.
After breakfast we depart for Hamam Bay. Enjoy a swim in the ancient ruins of these Roman Baths built by Mark Antony as a gift for Cleopatra. We then cruise to Sarsala Bay, a striking pine-surrounded bay, from which you can take a 45-minute hike to an ancient Lycian town, notable mostly for inscribed walls dating from the 3rd century BC. Bedri Rahmi Bay is our next stop, named after a famous Turkish painter. Jump in the clear blue water or explore the island.
Today we cruise towards Fethiye, passing the Yassica Islands and Gocek Islands. Most of these small islands are un-named but offer safe anchorage and secluded sandy beaches. Perfect for swimming, snorkelling or just soaking up some sun and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. A final stop and swim at Red Island before returning to Fethiye.
After breakfast our tour concludes and we say goodbye to our new friends.